Governor Seriake Dickson on Tuesday commiserated with the Nigerian Military over the brutal killing of three soldiers by armed bandits and gave reporters update on the development.
The Governor described the incident as worrisome, as a similar attack had taken place last year in the same community
Governor Dickson, who had a chat with reporters in the state, said his administration had ignited the community information dissemination system and are on the move to track down the culprits.
While calling for calm within the affected community, the Chief Security officer also advised traditional rulers to stay more in their domains so they could be on top of every aspect of the development.
Governor Dickson has already invited high ranking officials of his administration who are indigenes of Nembe to a meeting to map out ways of ensuring that the ugly incident would not occur again said doesn’t repeat.
“We will not allow Bayelsa State be used as a launching pad for criminality, violence, or any breach of national security,” he stressed.
Also discussed during the media chat was the issue of the payment of half salaries to civil servants in the State and when it would be reversed to the full amount.
Meanwhile, the Operation Delta Safe force has deployed reinforcement team to apprehend suspected militants that killed three members of the Joint Task Force on Monday Morning.
A statement by a spokesman for the military, Lieutenant Commander, A. Ahmed, said the attack occurred at about 10:00am local time.
The officers came under attack at a checkpoint mounted by the Nembe waterway checkpoint by persons suspected to be militants.
“The commander of Operation Delta Safe, Rear Admiral Joseph Okojie, has consequently deployed reinforcement team to apprehend the perpetrators of this heinous crime,” the statement read.