Association of Resident Doctors in University of Benin, Edo State will embark on an indefinite strike starting from September 4, 2017.
The proposed strike action comes after a breakdown of negotiations with the federal government over the demand that resident doctors be included in the Integrated Personnel Information System.
Resident doctors in the state believe the inclusion would help them get their emoluments directly from the federal government and curb corruption in the healthcare system. They also said that the development would make more funds available to run the nation’s healthcare and reduce the brain-drain that is currently plaguing the sector.
- Girl born without a FACE defies the odds to reach her 9th birthday
- Annie Idibia shares photo of what lady wore to a club (Photo)
- ‘I can’t marry, hug, kiss or hangout with Toyin Abraham, Toke Makinwa, Bisola and Chigurl’ – Nollywood actor, Yemi Solade
- Prominent Lagos Pastor Spotted in Herbalsit’s Shrine… Find Out Why (Photos+Video)
- Gov. Ambode donates N5 million to widow of man killed for exposing kidnappers’ operation
Source: ( Linda Ikeji)