Fire renders family of seven homeless in Akwa Ibom


A family of seven has been rendered homeless in Ikot Edor village, Oniong West in Onna local government area of Akwa Ibom state following an outbreak of fire that razed down a thatch house belonging to Mr. Joseph Hosea.

Though the cause of inferno could not be ascertained at the time of filing this report, our correspondent reports that the incident which occurred at the weekend destroyed household properties of the victim.

Eye witnesses said the incident happened in the early hours of Saturday after Mr. Hosea and the wife left for their farm, leaving the children at home.

It was gathered that the Children on seeing the fire beyond their control, ran out to seek help from the neighborhood but unfortunately, before the help could come, the mud house was burn down.

Mr. Hosea, a youth mobilizer, while lamenting his plight, wept uncontrollably.

Read Also: Umahi’s wife backs family planning

When our correspondent visited the scene of the incident, Mr. Hosea’s wife was seen cooking in the open while the children looked helpless.

The victim said, ”Everything i have struggled to acquire in life has been burnt. My wife and children don’t have clothes to wear again apart from what you see on their bodies. Mt only hope for survival and help comes from above”, he cried.

He called on well-meaning Akwa Ibom people and the state government to rise to their help.

Culled from here


About Author

Comments are closed.