Gunmen suspected to be armed robbers attacked the Imo State house of Assembly complex situated in Owerri, the state capital, carting away valuables, office equipment, electronics and other vital documents.
According to reports, it was learnt that the latest attack was the third in 2017.
A lawmaker, Emma Orie, who represents Ohaji /Egbema state constituency told our correspondent on the phone on Wednesday, that his office was not burgled during the armed robbery attack.
He, however, said that the offices of three of his colleagues, Mike Iheanatu (Aboh Mbaise) Uche Oguwuike (Ikeduru) and Uche Agabiga (Orsu) were robbed by the gangsters.
An Assembly source, who preferred to be anonymous, said that the hoodlums gained access into the offices of the three lawmakers through the ceilings at night.
According to him, it was when the staff members attached to the lawmakers resumed for work in the morning that they discovered that the tables and chairs had been turned upside down, and computers, documents, television sets and other valuables had been stolen.
The Chief Press Secretary to the speaker of the house of Assembly, Ben Ilochonwu confirmed the development and said that the hoodlums only stole electronic sets and gadgets from the lawmakers’ offices.
The spokesperson for the police in the state, Andrew Enwerem, could not be reached as of the time of filing this report.
- How to Have the Best b00b s*x of Your Life
- Donjazzy Reacts To Peter Okoye’s Offer To Sponsor His ‘Wedding’ With Linda Ikeji (See tweet)
- Adesua Etomi reveals how she fell in love with Banky W
- This is what the most common v**ina looks like – it’s not what you’d expect
- See the renowned Nigerian author, lawyer, Chidera Okolie who declares herself open to potential suitors, gives 10 strict conditions
Source: ( Punch Newspaper )