Victims have identified a Port Harcourt-based young man as the person who extorted money out of them through anti-gay blackmail.
The blackmailer is known only as “Michael” and by the Facebook name “Miles Banks (Admiral Thrillz).” He is accused of blackmailing a series of gay men in Port Harcourt after having sex with them.
According to one of his many victims [names withheld] who reached out to NoStringsNG for support and advice on how to recover the items that were extorted from him, Michael apparently works with other young men, and together they team up to blackmail and extort gay men in Port Harcourt.
Narrating his ordeal, one victim said:
“I met Michael toward the end of last year through someone I knew, and after 2 weeks chatting and getting acquainted, we decided to meet. Another time we met after we had sex, he and his friends got me trapped in his house, beat me and took my wallet and mobile phone. I couldn’t do anything because I was so scared. But recently through a friend, I have now come to learn that I am not his first victim and that he has been involved in several other blackmail cases and was arrested at some point by the police, but later released”
An investigation by NoStringsNG revealed that Michael is apparently gay, but engages in blackmail and extortion for financial gain. His victims said he has blackmailed and extorted many gay men over the past few years, but is very popular and is well known around his area as gay.
He gets his victims via social media as well as through other members of his gang and usually plays cool until he is able to put his criminal plans into action.
Michael is said to be in his mid 20’s and lives around Rupkokwu Market Juction in the Port Harcourt area.
Source: Rights Africa
- This policeman entraps and blackmails gay Nigerians (August 2018, 76crimes.com)
- Police and Nigerian chief vow action against anti-gay blackmail (March 2018, 76crimes.com)
- Man blackmailed after refusing sex with blackmailer (January 2018, 76crimes.com)
- Anti-gay blackmail in Nigeria: ‘I was forced to cooperate’ (November 2017, 76crimes.com)
- Anti-gay blackmail cost Nigerian singer his family, education (October 2017, 76crimes.com)
- Suspected Nigerian gay man allegedly abducted, blackmailed (June 2017, 76crimes.com)
- Ghana: Police make rare arrests in anti-gay blackmail case (April 2017, 76crimes.com)
- Nigerian LGBT website fights blackmail (November 2016, 76crimes.com)
- In Cameroon: A new victim of con artist who preys on gays (July 2016, 76crimes.com)
- How Jamaica’s Charter of Rights aids blackmailers (August 2015, 76crimes.com)
- Gay in Cameroon: Police accuse blackmail victim (December 2013, 76crimes.com)
- Gays in Cameroon, beware this blackmailer (May 2013, 76crimes.com)