Some residents were seen trying to salvage some of their property from the ruins while others cleared the debris of damaged buildings.
One of the victims, Christopher Yakubu, said he lost his wife to the heavy downpour.
“The entire roof of my house was blown off by the storm and while we were trying to save the children and evacuate some of our property, my wife was not lucky to come out”, he said.
Another victim, Esther Obanga, said the disaster occurred when most residents were heavily burdened by the economic recession and urged Edo State Emergency Management Agency to urgently give succour to them.
“I am appealing to the relevant authorities to come to our aid so as to cushion the effect of the rainstorm,’’ she said.
Mr David Yusuf said “the rainstorm has wreaked havoc on our buildings; as you can see, we no longer have a roof over our heads.
He concluded, “We are appealing to the relevant authorities to come to our aid, as some of us no longer have a place that is conducive to live.”
- Here Are 10 s*x Positions All Plus-Sized Couples Should Master
- s*x Scandal: What God Told Me About Apostle Suleman – Prophet Fufeyin
- #BBNaija: Biggie And Bisola Prank Other Housemates For April Fool’s Day, See Their Epic Reaction
- #BBNaija: Housemates Are Emotional As They Receive Family Members ‘In Freeze Mode’ (VIDEO)
- I Was Happy When I Heard About Kemi Olunloyo’s Arrest – Comedian Seyi Law
Source : ( NAN )