Teenage Boy Electrocuted While Playing Football In Abia State


Metro News



Teenage Boy Electrocuted While Playing Football In Abia State


Boy Electrocuted By Naked Wire

A teenage boy in the Umokahia community, Obingwa council area, Abia State, has been electrocuted while playing football with his mates.

An eyewitness, Tochukwu, said the victim, aged 16 was an indigene of Ohafia in Ohafia council area.

According to Tochuk,wu, “the boy was playing football with his mates when the ball rolled into a drainage. He jumped into the channel, but didn’t know that a live electric wire had fallen inside, which electrocuted him.

“The next thing I saw was his body shaking and then he suddenly went cold dead. His mates were only shouting and crying as he died.

“Everyone was afraid to do anything. It was so sudden. It was later that we discovered that a plantain leaf covered the naked wire in the drainage. Part of the wire was touching the waterlogged area close to the football pitch.”

Efforts to confirm the incident from the Abia State Police spokesman, DSP Geoffrey Ogbonna, were unsuccessful at press time.

Copyright Naija News 2018. All rights reserved. You may only share Naija News content using our sharing buttons. Send all news and press releases to [email protected].

is a prolific writer, broadcaster and teacher, who likes to try out new things’ you can reach me via [email protected]



Culled from here


About Author

Comments are closed.